as Posted by revkjarla
Advent blessings to you!
Our Friday Five today is taken from a small lucite box of questions called “Table Topics” that someone gave me. They are supposed to be discussion starters at all of the dinner parties one gives. I think some of them are fun, so here they are:
1. In what era would you most like to have grown up, and what would be your occupation?
I am grateful to be in this one! If I were in an earlier one, I assume I’d preach then, too. God’s not limited by time, right?
2. What fashion trend you followed was very cool then but now looks ridiculous?
parachute pants. thank God there are no pictures because my mother hated them.
3. If you could work as an assistant to anyone for a year who would you choose?
I finally figured out for whom I could be an assistant: I want to be an Assistant Chaplain with the Seattle Seahawks for a year.
4. What did you get in most trouble for when you were young?
It seems like I was always doing something to make my mom mad. What I didn’t do: break any windows or hurt any animals. I did dress my cat, Miss Muffett, in doll clothes and put her in the doll baby carriage. She avoided me for years after that.
5. What are the redeeming qualities of the person you most dislike?
The person I most dislike betrayed me, the redeeming qualities are my children.