From thereverendmother at RevGalBlogPals: Many of the RevGals using Blogger are experiencing some chaos this week as they move from Old Blogger to New Blogger. (Is that anything like New Coke?)
Change is a given in life, yet it’s not easy for any of us. So strap on your seat belts and let’s talk about it:
1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year. This is a tie: I turned 40 and I now take medication by IV on a regular basis.
2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something important. When I changed from majoring in PreMed (biology) at BC to majoring in Religion at WJC.
3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called “Why Christianity Must Change or Die.” Setting aside his ideas–what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church? It seems that most of the churches (and members and judicatories) I’ve been around are more concerned about their own survival than about helping others know the love and grace of God in a personal way. It seems to me that should change.
4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? Not in any kind of significant way, except for growing some gray ones. If so, how many times?
5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing? It was the preview for Coke Zero or Diet Coke Splenda or …