Friday Five: Boo boo alert
After a tumble in a parking lot the other day, I’m sporting a lovely abrasion on my leg–so attractive. It’s the same leg I hurt when I fell off the same pair of sandals on the same sort of uneven pavement in Edinburgh last month. Will I ever learn to wear less dangerous shoes and/or pay attention to where I am going? As I drove home to take care of it I called my husband and said, “Boo boo alert!” Here is our Friday Five on that subject.
1) Are you a baby about small injuries?
I happen to have Rheumatoid Arthritis so small injuries are either an annoyance or an injury waiting for a growth spurt.
2) What’s the silliest way you have ever hurt yourself? For a period of weeks, there were several times when I was getting something out of the refrigerator part while someone else opened the freezer door above. Raised up and hit my head. Damn that hurts. again. damn.
3) Who took care of your boo-boos when you were a child? my dad
4) Are you a good nurse when others have boo-boos? If it’s a real injury/illness, I’m terrific. If you just want attention, I’ll give you a phone card to call someone who cares. Unless you confess you just want attention, then I’ll give the attention — just don’t mess with me about it. The truth generally works really well on me.
5) What’s the worst accidental injury you’ve suffered? Did it require a trip to the Emergency Room? The worst injury for me was when the cartilage in my “bad” knee was torn for me while playing basketball. I got one of those cards that said, “Go to surgery. Directly to surgery. Do not even bother with the ER. The ER can only drain that knee and say that looks bad while giving you a prescription for pain killers. What you “kneed” is surgery.”